Terms and Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions have been drawn up in consultation with the Consumers’ Association in the context of the SER Coordination Group Self-regulation Consultation and will come into effect on 1 January 2014.
For questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us via the contact page.
In these conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
Friends finder: the entrepreneur who offers the services described in Article 1.1.
Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into an agreement for a paid or unpaid membership with Vriendenvinder.
Participants: the other consumers who have concluded an agreement with the Friends Finder.
Website: the online platform Vriendenvinder.nl where the information referred to in Article 1.1. described service takes place.
Membership: the agreement between the Friends Finder and a consumer that extends to the purchase of the services described in Article 1.1, whether or not against payment of membership fees.
Friends Finder Conditions: the general conditions of the Friends Finder.
Privacy conditions: the conditions of Vriendenvinder with regard to the processing of personal data [link].
ARTICLE 1 – SERVICES
- The Friends Finder service consists of offering an online opportunity to get in touch with other participants or of online matching of participants who match well with each other on the basis of indicators established by the dating site. The Friends Finder provides a global insight into these indicators on its website.
- Friends Finder does not guarantee success or a relationship.
- The Friends Finder is transparent about the services it offers. Before entering into membership, it provides clear information about the rates, the automatic renewal of the membership, the conditions and the possibilities of the website so that the consumer can make a good estimate of the offer.
- The Friends Finder can impose additional requirements on consumers who wish to use the service. Think of requirements for the minimum or maximum age, education and desired type of relationship. These requirements are clearly stated on the website before entering into membership. The additional requirements are only set to delineate the target group of the Friends Finder and to increase the chance of success, a date or a match. The additional requirements may not conflict with these general terms and conditions.
- The following additional requirements are set on Vriendenvinder.nl: – Minimum age 18 years.
- The possibility of contacting participants may be bound by conditions, for example the condition of purchasing a paid membership. Friends Finder informs the consumer before entering into membership about the conditions under which participants can contact each other and about which group of participants will or will not receive which messages.
- If the service is provided against payment of membership fees, this is based on a fixed amount for a specific period or on an amount per action or a combination of these. Friends Finder provides clear information about this on its website before entering into membership.
- The Friends Finder cannot guarantee the correctness and completeness of the information as made available by the participants. Participants are responsible for the information they make available via the website.
- Friends Finder is not responsible for the behavior of participants during, for example, a personal appointment in connection with an introduction via the website.
ARTICLE 2 – AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES
- Friends Finder makes every effort to ensure that the services to consumers run without disruptions. Friends Finder cannot guarantee continuous availability of the services.
- If maintenance is carried out on the website, the Friends Finder will announce this as much as possible in advance and limit the inconvenience as much as possible.
ARTICLE 3 – BEHAVIOR OF CONSUMERS
- The consumer is not allowed to act indecently, unlawfully or in violation of the law or to incite or encourage others to do so. For example, he is prohibited from: – using threatening language towards participants or the Friends Finder; – post illegal texts, images and / or sound material; Post texts or image and / or sound material that infringes the (intellectual property) rights of third parties.
- Moreover, the consumer is not permitted to: – state untruths in the profile; – seeking or offering targeted erotic contact; – fill in several profiles per person; Disseminate commercial information; – cause damage or nuisance to other participants or the dating site; Make racist or offensive statements; – to disclose, reproduce or otherwise (re) use information on a profile of another user in any way without the express permission of the participant concerned; – give login details to third parties, these are strictly personal.
- If a consumer acts contrary to the provisions of Article 3.1 or 3.2, the Friends Finder can cancel the consumer’s membership and immediately adjust, block or delete his profile. Friends Finder will inform the consumer of the blockage or removal, stating the reason.
- The consumer accepts that, if there is reasonable cause for this, the Friends Finder can check the data and behavior he has supplied in connection with possible violations of Articles 3.1 and 3.2.
ARTICLE 4 – COMPLAINTS ABOUT PARTICIPANTS; DECEPTION
- If the Friends Finder receives a complaint about a participant, it will investigate this complaint and take appropriate measures if necessary. Friends Finder makes every effort to remove, modify or block consumer profiles that contain untruths, are misleading or that are otherwise clear that they can cause damage or nuisance to other participants.
- Vriendenvinder makes every effort to point out to consumers possible deception by participants on Vriendenvinder.nl. The website itself points out the risks and gives tips to prevent damage.
ARTICLE 5 – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The privacy conditions of Vriendenvinder apply to the use of Vriendenvinder.nl. It describes how the consumer’s personal data are processed. Friends Finder adheres to the legal rules with regard to privacy protection and cookie legislation.
- If Friends Finder has a reasonable suspicion of violation of the rules in Articles 3.1 and 3.2 and other participants experience (possible) damage or nuisance as a result, Friends Finder is entitled to take note of the information exchanged between participants via Vriendenvinder.nl. Friends Finder elaborates on this in the privacy conditions.
ARTICLE 6 – LIABILITY
- Friends Finder is liable to consumers for damage resulting from a shortcoming in compliance, unless this shortcoming cannot be attributed to Friends Finder.
- The consumer is liable towards the Friends Finder for damage resulting from a failure by the consumer in the fulfillment, for example as a result of a violation of article 3, unless this failure cannot be attributed to the consumer.
ARTICLE 7 – CONSUMER CANCELLATION
- A paid membership can be entered into for a specific period, subject to the general terms and conditions. After this period, the membership can be tacitly renewed for an indefinite period of time. The Friends Finder explicitly points out this possibility of tacit renewal to the consumer when entering into membership.
- The paid membership can be canceled at the end of the first period and at any time after the end of that period with a notice period of 1 week.
- The (paid) membership can be canceled via the profile page on Vriendenvinder.nl, in any case via: e-mail or a letter stating name, address and place of residence and membership number. The consumer will receive confirmation of his cancellation at the e-mail address known to Friends Finder.
4 Irrespective of whether the (paid) membership has been canceled, at the request of the Consumer, the Friends Finder will deactivate the profile of the consumer at all times as soon as possible and in any case within two weeks after receipt of the consumer’s request to do so.
- The consumer has at least 14 days after entering into membership the option to make use of the right of withdrawal as referred to in article 6 of the general terms and conditions. If the consumer makes use of this, but the consumer has already actually used the paid services of Friends Finder during this period, Friends Finder is entitled to charge a reasonable amount for the services purchased. This amount does not exceed the subscription fee for the period of [maximum 1 month]. The Friends Finder explicitly asks the consumer for permission to start the service before the withdrawal period has expired and informs the consumer of the amount that will be charged if the consumer does withdraw.
ARTICLE 8 – COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Friends Finder will respond substantively to a submitted complaint within 5 working days.
ARTICLE 9 – ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS AND AMENDMENTS
- Additional provisions must not be to the disadvantage of consumers. These provisions must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be easily stored by the consumer on a durable medium.
- These general terms and conditions of Vriendenvinder can only be changed in consultation with the consumer association.